Our registered patent attorneys will assist you through our structured patenting process:
- Free telephone discussion to confirm that we can assist ‐ we do not patent software, business methods, chemical inventions or energy generators.
- Further discussion to identify the "most essential, unique feature" of your invention.
- Conduct an international online patent search to determine whether this identified feature is "new" (R3,950 + vat).
- Discuss the patentable features of your invention, in light of the search report.
- Draft a South African provisional patent to reserve rights to file patents in 177 countries for 12 months (R6,950 + vat). After filing the provisional patent application, you are free to disclose, market and sell your product.
- In 12 months time, file an international / PCT patent (From R28,500), or file a South African complete patent only (R8,950 + vat).
- In 30 months time, file a national phase patent in each country you wish to secure patent protection.
Our trademark attorney will assist you to protect your brand:
- Trademark registrability search (R2,500 + vat).
- File South African trademark application (R3,450 + vat).
Note: You may start trading before filing your trademark application.
Protect the shape of your product by filing design registrations:
South African design registration (R4,950 + vat)
Commercial: licensing, valuation, exchange controls and tax
All commercial work is performed by Anthony van Zantwijk (BSc(Eng), LLB, LLM(Tax), Patent Attorney and Registered Tax Practitioner).
Experience: Spoor & Fisher (commercial department), SARS (structured finance), Expert witness for SARS (Transfer pricing and Estate duty valuation), Expert witness for South African Reserve Bank (Valuation), licensing consultant to Anglo American and De Beers, IP tax consultant to Sasol and Maitlands.
Hourly rate: R2,000 + vat
All prototyping is done in‐house by our product designer, Monica.
Full Package (conceptualisation, 3D CAD modelling, photorealistic poster, prototype): R15,000 + vat.
Individual components may be selected separately.